Wednesday 26 August 2015

From afar


From afar, the rain from the sky pours
From afar, my heart for you soars.
            From afar, I for you, pray,
            From afar, I dream about you, night and day.
From afar, I in my solitude, cry
From afar, I ask for the reasons why?
From afar, I count the days and the years
From afar, I open the floodgate of tears.
From afar, I into your eyes, kiss
From afar, your sight I miss.
From afar, I wake up with you in my thoughts till sleep
From afar, my minutes turn to hours which torments me deep
From afar, my memories weave
From afar, my soul grieves.
From afar, I see a sepia image of a girl-child holding our hands
From afar, the child walking between a man and woman of distant shores and lands
From afar, the picture fades, of the man and his wife
From afar, their drowning in the sea of troughs and ebbs called life
            From afar, I hear your voice
            From afar, you forked out a life of your choice
From afar, we will again meet
We will be one when our pulse will cease to beat.

            From afar, the rain pours; from afar the heart pours . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment