Wednesday 27 May 2020


Day 1 (till the day I die). I nominate myself for being the mother of countless 4-legged fur balls :-) :-)

Ever since I was a child I learnt to shoulder the responsibility of feeding, bathing, grooming, hair-trimming (come summer), 3P (pee-poo-puke) cleaning, nurturing, nursing, playing and taking out time for them for their daily walks.

From picking up tiny kittens and puppies dumped by people on the streets (even in bags) to rescuing injured dogs hit by motorised vehicles/ suffering from canine distemper and mauled mommy cat, from feeding the hungry strays to being pawed by them along with wagging tails, from walking for miles in search of lost dogs to finding missing cats rolled in a bundle while cat-napping inside almirah, from them lazily lounging around your feet to them curling up near you to share the blanket and keeping you warm during winters, from being greeted by them at the gate to boarding the school bus once along with me at the bus-stop, from uniting a lost pup to a mother with lost litters to seeing the face of anxiety on introducing a new member to the old furs-purrs, from rescuing diseased dogs and billy to witnessing mercy-killing of horse, from nursing dogs who lost the ability to move to bringing them back on their 4- feet, from talking in the language of love which they understand to understanding their language esp. when they are ailing, from scratching my head to name a new-born to being a granny/ great-grandmother of my beloved claws and paws, from bonding with complete strangers who are pet-parents to even arguing/ fighting with those esp. neighbours who can't stand them or complain about them, from my lap (and almirah too) becoming the maternity ward for the first-time expecting mother to watching the tiny ones crawl to life, from being provided with Z-plus security by them to being bitten by them while nursing, from being filled with tears of happiness to hugging them tight when in tears, from learning about trust and faithfulness from them to understanding what unconditional love truly is, from being sniffed and followed by them on the road to shedding tears as they cross the rainbow bridge 🌈 . . . I have done it all.

I feel my womb (a D.I.N.K. by choice) and the samovar of love for  these children of God is never empty. And their blessing is the window to my world of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment